As humans we may think that life skills are knowing how to boiling an egg, use a cash machine or work the washing machine. For a puppy, life skills are the education your puppy needs to be able to make the right choices in every day life. These skills will allow you to enjoy your puppy more as you direct less and he/she takes more control of his own behaviour.
The Life Skills
- I have confidence
- I like surprises
- I like to be touched
- I can’t do everything I want, when I want to: I don’t expect to get everything I want, when I want it.
- I can be calm
- I know ( and can follow) the rules
- I can listen
- I have good manners and can say “please”
- I need help to make the right choices
- I have a right to be a dog and express my opinion politely